Buy both books signed by author for £17

Buy Voices from Stone and Bronze signed by author £9.99 including postage

Featured post

A day of reading –reading does make you happier

When was the last time you spent all of most of your day immersed in a book? Last week, last month or back when you were a teenager? I expe...

Saturday 17 January 2015

Percy Honeybill 20th May 1887 - 2nd September 1918

Back in 2012 when I first visited the Vis en Artois memorial where Percy Honeybill  is remembered I applied for a copy of his birth certificate. If you look online you will find the year of his birth given in various places as 1888 or 1887. The message I received then was that no record could be found.

My new year resolution was to try again with success this time. Here is his birth certificate which arrived in the post this morning.



By eerie concidence he was born on the twentieth of May which is the same day as my mother's birthday although they were born forty six years apart.  My mother was someone to whom family were important so I'm not surprised that I thought of her when I was at Thiepval and decided to look for a Honeybill.



No comments: