Buy both books signed by author for £17

Buy Voices from Stone and Bronze signed by author £9.99 including postage

Featured post

A day of reading –reading does make you happier

When was the last time you spent all of most of your day immersed in a book? Last week, last month or back when you were a teenager? I expe...

Friday 1 April 2016

National Poetry Month Readalong - Sarah Howe's Loop of Jade

In celebration of April being National Poetry Month I am going to be reading Sarah Howe's Loop of Jade which won the T.S.Eliot prize in January 2016. 

It works out at about a poem a day and once a week I'll post an update on my progress. You'd be most welcome to read along with me, even if you don't normally read poetry. It will be worth it I promise.

From the blurb on the back of the book.

'Sarah Howe's soulful poems are as vivid as a river flowing through the Chinese landscape, as alive as mothers calling to their children', Xinran

Pascale Petit, Chair of the T.S.Eliot panel said
"In a year with an incredibly ambitious and diverse shortlist, it was difficult to choose the winner. However Sarah Howe's Loop of Jade shone with its startling exploration of gender and injustice through place and identity, its erudition, and powerful imagery as well as her daring experiment with form. She brings new possibilities to British poetry."

I love this book so much that I keep giving my latest copy to people I'd like to share it with, so if you read along with me this month you may be in with a chance of winning a copy.


No comments: