Buy both books signed by author for £17

Buy Voices from Stone and Bronze signed by author £9.99 including postage

Featured post

A day of reading –reading does make you happier

When was the last time you spent all of most of your day immersed in a book? Last week, last month or back when you were a teenager? I expe...

Wednesday 3 October 2007

Poems about Nature

This is week four of the course and another poem by William Carlos Williams - Nantucket to consider. I also have to write another Nature inspired poem.

Meanwhile I've just sent off a revised draft of last week's poem to the tutor. Improved, I hope, with the benefit of comments from my friends on the Grail

Pinecone

Returning to the office after Tai chi
you suddenly swoop at my feet
Pluck a pinecone from the path of needles

Offer it on an outstretched palm with the exhortation
to consider it and the silver birch trees
beyond the window, behind

the computer screen once a day.
I had forgotten it . Until asked
to write about something natural.

No comments: