Buy both books signed by author for £17

Buy Voices from Stone and Bronze signed by author £9.99 including postage

Featured post

A day of reading –reading does make you happier

When was the last time you spent all of most of your day immersed in a book? Last week, last month or back when you were a teenager? I expe...

Saturday 16 September 2017

Friday poetry from Helen Ivory and Martin Figura and Happy Weekend



This weekend I'm going to be reading Martin Figura's latest, a pamphlet with illustrations by Caroline Wright and Helen Ivory's Waiting for Bluebeard.

I really enjoyed hearing them both read at Toddington Poetry Society on Tuesday. It was worth it even though my car ended up locked into the car park over the road. These things happen in Luton. In the Q&A session they talked about process and how research leads to poems.

I have a feeling that both their books will take me on a journey, which is my favourite kind of reading. Arthur begins with

Home
Arthur lies warm in his soft feather bed....


Waiting for Bluebeard starts with

Moon Landing

Somewhere beyond weather
men are reckoning the acreage of space
and playing tricks on gravity.

My pregnant mother watches with the millions
in their front rooms as she waits
but I will not budge.

Whatever you are reading this weekend I hope it is a good one.

No comments: