Buy both books signed by author for £17

Buy Voices from Stone and Bronze signed by author £9.99 including postage

Featured post

A day of reading –reading does make you happier

When was the last time you spent all of most of your day immersed in a book? Last week, last month or back when you were a teenager? I expe...

Friday 25 November 2016

Friday Poetry from Matt Merritt and Happy Weekend


I had the pleasure of introducing Matt Merritt at Ouse Muse this week and hearing him read from his two collections from Nine Arches Press. I had already browsed my way through  The Elephant Tests and as so often happens have gone back to the poems with even more enjoyment through having the poet's voice in my head. I was pleased he included Desire Lines in his set. Hydrodaktulopsychicharmonica is the proper name for the glass harmonica 

From Prelude forGlass Harmonica

You wake late
to hear it, muffled and opaque

in a distant room,
or maybe only dream

that quicksilver music,
feel it as much as hear it...



His blog is worth following, for glimpses of birds as well as coments on contemporary poetry.

No comments: