Buy both books signed by author for £17

Buy Voices from Stone and Bronze signed by author £9.99 including postage

Featured post

A day of reading –reading does make you happier

When was the last time you spent all of most of your day immersed in a book? Last week, last month or back when you were a teenager? I expe...

Friday 3 July 2015

August Poetry Postcard Fest

There is less than a day to go before registration opens for this August's Poetry postcard fest. This involves poets from around the world sending a poetry postcard a day to other poets. It's been happening since 2007 and I discovered it last year and took part for the first time.

I wrote about my experiences last summer. This year I will be better organised and will have bought more than enough cards in advance. Last year although I had more than thirty cards, I found it difficult to get inspired by some of them. I am also going to go with the flow more and not ever write out a poem in advance in my notebook to check it will fit on the back of the card. The point of the exercise is a spontaneous creation of a poem on the spot each day and not writing carefully crafted poems! I will learn to quell the inner editor as mentioned by David Sherwin on his blog.

And I may see if I can find some postcards of seaside donkeys to add to my stash.

1 comment:

Splabman said...

The call is live for Year 9 of the August POetry POstcard Fest:http://paulenelson.com/2015/07/04/august-poetry-postcard-fest-year-9-call/ Last year we had 423 participants. Thanks for this post. Paul