Buy both books signed by author for £17

Buy Voices from Stone and Bronze signed by author £9.99 including postage

Featured post

A day of reading –reading does make you happier

When was the last time you spent all of most of your day immersed in a book? Last week, last month or back when you were a teenager? I expe...

Thursday 11 March 2010

Murano by Mark Doty

Murano is a little gem of a book. Somehow the accompaniment of pictures makes the poem stand out much more than it it does when you read it amongst all the other poems in Sweet Machine. Venice simmers and glides through the pages as well as all the glass.

I've also bought Theories and Apparitions - his latest collection. My favourite poem so far is
Theory of Narrative which I heard him read at the London Review of Books Bookshop.

It begins

Oh you're a writer, I'm a writer too, Juan says,
I write novels, I've written eight of them, I'll tell you one.


You'll have to buy the book if you want the rest. It will be worth it. Trust me.

No comments: