Buy both books signed by author for £17

Buy Voices from Stone and Bronze signed by author £9.99 including postage

Featured post

A day of reading –reading does make you happier

When was the last time you spent all of most of your day immersed in a book? Last week, last month or back when you were a teenager? I expe...

Wednesday 9 December 2009

Samantha Wynne Rhydderch

I am really enjoying the wit,humour and underlying sadness of the poems in her second collection Not in These shoes - my lucky find on Sunday.

My favourite poem is Crayfish Tail Salsa - based I suspect on a real experience of working in a hotel and how exploited you can be as a young person.

My copy of the book has the last couple of pages missing but fortunately the Picador blog has the complete version of her poem Doing time and the story which inspired it.

No comments: